Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right path. PROVERBS 3:5-6

Monday, July 27, 2009

Finally Settling Down

I think things are finally calming down. During the summer, we keep two of our nieces for a week and then my two go to their house for a week. Of course the week we have them, we get the call for our first placement. It was crazy at our house last week. I went from two to six kids in two days. I wasn't really stressed, but I felt a little out of my element. Yesterday Darrell took our two plus our nieces and met my sister in law 1/2 way to take the 4 back home with her.

It was a big adjustment taking the two little ones. They are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2. It's been a while since I've had to chase a toddler. They have not been sleeping well. I put them down and they go to bed fine, but they were up two mornings at 4:30 AM. I am not a morning person!!! They were up for the day too. I think they both fell back to sleep on the couch about 7:00. I really hope they adjust to a schedule and that sleep habit doesn't last long. They slept until 6:30 this morning, much better than the day before.

They are really good kids except for the sleeping thing. We are very blessed that that's the only issue we are struggling with. They both seem to be above average developmentally. Really smart boys.

Any suggestions to get them to stay in bed a little longer would be great!! I'll post more later. I have to get some sleep. Please keep us in your prayers.

Blessings,
Angel

No comments: