Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right path. PROVERBS 3:5-6

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WooHoo!! Mom showed up for the visit today. I guess it went well. How many of you wish that you could watch the visits from behind a two way mirror? I just wonder how the little ones interact with her and how she interacts w/ them.

I dropped them off today and felt like I was dropping off my kids. I felt a little overprotective. It was an odd feeling for me, because I've been saying out loud for a long time that they are not mine, I am just a safe place for them until their parents heal. I have to keep telling myself that, because I know their parents love them and want them back. They just have a long hard road ahead of them. I'll continue to pray that the outcome of this will be that mom and dad will heal and be able to love and care for the little ones in a way that they deserve.

We were also told that their dad has just been approved for visits and that will also start this week. Luckily they will eventually be on the same day as visits w/ mom. They do them one right after the other so the kids will only have to go once and it saves on drive time for me as well.

I'm off to bed. It's been a long day.

Blessings to all,
Angel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice update......see you this weekend..be prepared to take a pic (or two) LOL
Debbie

Lori Sneed said...

Hey Angel! I Love the blog. I also keep one of my daily goings on. Check it out if you would like..Sneed6.blogspot.com. You are an inspiration to do what you do for those kids. They are lucky to have had you in their lives if only for a little while :). Take Care...Lori Hoskins Sneed