Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right path. PROVERBS 3:5-6

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Claiming a Foster Child on Tax Return

Has anyone else had issues w/ this?? My two FSs were placed w/ me in July!! I just miss claiming them by a few weeks. Even though they still are living with me now. They have only seen BM twice since they have been with me. Even though I have been paying a portion of daycare for most of the year, I still can't even claim that because I cannot claim them as a dependent!!! I'm frustrated!! The sad thing is I don't think either parent had a job during 2009, so they will probably not be claiming them either.

1 comment:

The Learner said...

I've heard that complaint a lot, and it seems like there should be some sort of change to the policy, like being able to claim them for the amount of time they're with us during the year.